You may be suffering with medical bills, lost wages, and an uncertain future after being injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another. You know you need legal help, but not sure how to choose a personal injury attorney. Our attorneys at Springer & Lyle understand your confusion.
We also understand that the attorneys who advertise the most just may not be the ones that will provide you the knowledge, experience, time and individual attention your case deserves. Here are just a few things you can do to help you choose the right attorney for you.
Suggestions for Choosing a Personal Injury Attorney
- Google “Personal injury attorneys” in your area. Find those who have the knowledge and experience to handle complex personal injury claims. This will insure you find one who has both the skill and financial resources necessary to hire experts and fully develop your case for trial if needed.
- Ask Judges and other lawyers in your area who the best personal injury attorneys are.
- Research the attorneys and find out if they are rated AV by Martindale Hubbell. This will insure they have the highest peer review rating for both legal ability and ethics.
- Read the client reviews. These will help you determine if the attorney has a good relationship with their clients and puts their interest first. They will also provide honest feedback on the knowledge and ability of the attorney and office staff.
- Call the County Bar Association and ask for names of a few personal injury attorneys near you.
- If you know a friend or relative who was seriously injured and hired an attorney, find out about their experience with that attorney. Then, do your own research.
When you have obtained a few names of attorneys you want to learn more about, go back to Google. Find the website of the attorney you are interested in. Then:
- Read the Home Page, which will give you an overview of the practice. Make sure it is a firm that is competent in personal injury law.
- Read the client reviews.
- Read the About Us Page, which will tell you how many attorneys there are in the practice and will often tell you which attorneys practice what type of law.
- Read the Practice Area Page to see if the attorney takes cases like yours.
- Read the Attorney Profile page. You can learn a lot about the attorney’s background from that page.
Most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations. Don’t hesitate to make an appointment so you can meet with the attorney in person. Questions you may want to ask include:
- Do you have experience working on cases like mine? For example, if you were hit by an 18-wheeler, does the attorney have experience taking on the trucking industry?
- Will you be consulting with medical experts about the long-term consequences of an injury like mine?
- Will you negotiate a settlement, or take my case to trial?
- Do you work on a contingency basis and, if yes, what does that mean?
- Does the law firm pay all the expenses on the case or do I?
The personal injury attorneys at Springer & Lyle can help you obtain the reasonable compensation you are entitled for your injuries, lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other physical damage. Contact us at 940-387-0404 for a free consultation.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.